What is Green Cleaning?
Green cleaning can be defined as “effective cleaning that protects health without harming the environment.” Green and environmentally preferred purchasing has been defined as “…products and services that have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment when compared with competing products and services that serve the same purpose”. Additional emphasis has been placed on issues of sustainability product life cycles.
A holistic approach to green cleaning incorporates solutions that consider human health and environmental impacts in all aspects of cleaning, including:
• Products, equipment and tools
• Processes and procedures
• Commitment to continuous improvement
MCL supports green cleaning and sustainability efforts throughout the industry for all the right reasons:
- Protect people. MCL’s CleanBeyondGreen® (CBG) programs contribute to safer and healthier work environments.
- Reduce environmental impact. CBG® helps to reduce the environmental impact of the cleaning process.
- Increase productivity. CBG® green cleaning contributes to increased workplace wellness and productivity.
MCL is your single source for low environmental-impact cleaning products, tools, equipment and training and Accredited Professionals on staff are ready to assist you in “going green.”